It can be very stressful for a homeowner to know about the leakage of water in the home. It can not only increase the bills of water consumption but also help in damaging the foundation of that home. In this situation it becomes necessary to detect cause of water leakage. You can detect this cause yourself if you have some knowledge of plumbing systems otherwise you should call a professional plumbing service to help you in this regard. One of the main reasons of calling professional plumbing service is that they have effective methods to detect the water leakage in your home and they can solve the problem after locating it properly.
If you want to know more about the reasons for taking help of a professional service to detect plumbing leakage in your home then you should read this write-up until end.
Indications of water leakage
There can be water leakage in your house if you see the signs provided here under.
- Water bill is higher than usual
- Your walls and floor has cold spots
- You can hear the sound of rushing water from your floor or walls
- Increasing growth of mold in the home
- Reduction in the pressure of water
If any or some of the signs are noticed in your home then you should take the help of a professional to detect its origin and repair it. Such issues cannot be resolved without a professional help.
Normal causes of water leakage in home
There can be various things that can collectively cause water leakage in a household. Some of the common reasons may include:
- Worsening condition of pipeline: The old pipes in your building might have damaged with time and can worsen the leakage problem if nit attended as soon as possible.
- Clogged drains and toilets: The pressure of water built up in the drains and toilets due to clogging can obviously cause leakage in the walls and floors.
- Roots of the trees: The roots of trees grown in on the exterior walls can reach to the water pipes to get the clean and fresh water from them which in turn can cause leakage in the walls.
Professional methods to detect water leak
A professional plumbing service can use its experience and knowledge in combination with latest technologies to detect water leak in your home. Some of the leak detection methods used by professional plumbers may include:
- Drill and dig: This invasive method of leak detection includes drilling and digging the walls and floors to expose the pipes affected by water leakage.
- Pressure detection meter: Professional plumbing service can use special equipment to detect leaks by measuring the pressure of water in the pipe to compare with that of perfectly all right water pipes.
- Infrared technique: In this leak detection method an infrared camera is used to determine the severity of leakage by taking several photos from different angles.
Thus, for these reasons you should take professional help for plumbing leak detection in your home.